Determination of the position of the glucose bond in some cardiac glycosides
- 16 Downloads
1. The possibility of determining the position of attachment of glucose in some diglycosides by their capacity for forming isopropylidene derivatives has been shown.
2. It has been established that in the cardiac glycosides erychordin, convalloside, convallatoxoloside, and hellebrin, the glucose is attached to C4 of the D-gulomethylose and L-rhamnose.
KeywordsGlycoside Cardiac Glycoside Methyl Ethyl Keton Isopropylidene Monosaccharide Residue
- 1.N. K. Kochetkov, in: The Chemistry of Natural Compounds [in Russian], Moscow, p. 81, 1961.Google Scholar
- 2.I. F. Makarevich, M. Ya. Tropp, and D. G. Kolesnikov, Dokl. Akad. nauk SSSR,147, 849, 1962.Google Scholar
- 4.N. F. Komissarenko, Dokl. Akad. nauk SSSR,147, 625, 1962.Google Scholar
- 7.I. F. Makarevich, M. Ya. Tropp, and D. G. Kolesnikov, Med. prom. SSSR, no. 7, 38, 1961.Google Scholar