Small-scale clusters of photospheric network bright points and their dependence on the solar cycle phase
- 30 Downloads
The tendency of network bright points (NBPs) to form in their surface distribution non-random, small-scale clusters is studied by a 2-D nearest-neighbours test, based on observational data for the distance between separate NBPs. High-resolution photographs taken from long time series obtained atλ4308 Å with the 50-cm refractor of Pic du Midi Observatory are used. Three different epochs of the solar cycle were chosen. The results obtained suggest that the degree of clustering depends on the solar cycle phase. Supposing that the NBPs are good tracers of the kilogauss small-scale magnetic field, we use them to obtain information about the subphotospheric small-scale magnetic field organisation and its dependence on the solar cycle phase.
KeywordsMagnetic Field Time Series Observational Data Solar Cycle Cycle Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dermendjiev, V. N. and Muller, R.: 1989, in E. G. Gurtovenko (ed.), ‘Distribution of the Photospheric NBPs and Its Dependence on the Solar Cycle Phase’,Solar Photosphere: Structure Convection and Magnetic Fields (Abstract Booklet), Naukova dumka, Kiev, p. 90.Google Scholar
- Dermendjiev, V. N.: 1990,Compt. Rend. Acad. Bulgare Sci. 43, 5.Google Scholar
- Kalinkov, M., Dermendjiev. V. N., and Kuneva. I. F.: 1979,Compt. Rend. Acad. Bulgare Sci. 32, 1049.Google Scholar
- Muller, R.: 1983,Solar Phys. 85, 113.Google Scholar
- Muller, R.: 1985,Solar Phys. 100, 238.Google Scholar
- Muller, R. and Roudier, Th.: 1984,Solar Phys. 94, 33.Google Scholar
- Muller, R. and Roudier, Th.: 1992,Solar Phys. 141, 27.Google Scholar
- Yoshimura, H.: 1983,Solar Phys. 87, 251.Google Scholar