High-temperature X-ray analysis of the isothermal transformation of supercooled austenite in steel R6M5
- 22 Downloads
Measurements of the lattice constant of M6C and MC carbides, and α- and γ-phases, and the width of lines of α- and γ-phases in the process of heating at 20–1200°C make it possible to calculate the partial coefficients of linear and volume expansion of these phases and demonstrate the relationship between the type of solid solution and the partial coefficients of expansion of M6C carbides.
Measurements of the lattice constants and line width of α- and γ-phases and the intensity of the lines (quantity) of M6C carbides in the process of isothermal holding for as long as 3 h at 1200–250°C after austenitizing at 1220 made it possible to substantiate the processes and the temperature-time range for such technological operations as HTTMT, LTTMT, austempering, etc.
KeywordsCarbide Austenite Solid Solution Lattice Constant Line Width
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. S. Shteinberg, Heat Treatment of Steel, Selected Articles [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow (1950), p. 256.Google Scholar
- 2.A. M. Popov and L. E. Popova, Isothermal and Continuous Cooling Diagrams of Supercooled Austenite [in Russian], Mashgiz, Moscow, p. 495.Google Scholar
- 3.A. P. Gulyaev and S. M. Saverina, "Investigation of high-productivity high-speed steels", Metal. i Term. Obrabotka Metal., No. 7, 22–30 (1959).Google Scholar
- 4.V. A. Landa et al., "Rapid method of high-temperature x-ray analysis", Zavod. Lab., No. 9, 1087–1088 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5."Carbides in tool steels", Metal. i Term. Obrabotka Metal., No. 2, 62–64 (1960).Google Scholar