Steroid glycosides of the roots ofCapsicum annuum. I. The structure of capsicosides A1, B1, and C1
- 33 Downloads
Three new steroid glycosides of the spirostan series — capsicosides A1, B1, and C1 — have been isolated from a methanolic extract of the roots of red pepper. In an investigation of the products of complete acid hydrolysis of these glycosides, a single aglycon — gitogenin — was identified. The complete chemical structure of each of the capsicosides has been shown with the aid of complete and partial acid hydrolysis, methylation and methanolysis, and periodate oxidation, and also by physicochemical methods of investigation.
KeywordsGlycoside Diosgenin Steroid Glycoside Sodium Thiosulfate Solution Partial Acid Hydrolysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.P. K. Kintia [Kintya], E. V. Gutsu, G. V. Lazurievsky [Lazur'evskii], and N. N. Balachova and L. P. Kovalchuk, in: Second International Conference on the Chemistry and Biotechnology of Biologically Active Natural Products. Abstracts, Budapest (1983), p. 156.Google Scholar
- 3.E. V. Gutsu, P. K. Kintya, and G. V. Lazur'evskii, in: Abstracts of Lectures at Conferences of the VIIth Indosoviet Symposium on the Chemistry of Natural Compounds [in Russian], Tbilisi (1986), p. 48.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Sannié and H. Japin, Bull. Soc. Chem. Fr., 1237 (1957).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Krokhmalyuk, P. K. Kintya, and V. Ya. Chirva, Izv. Akad. Nauk MSSR, Ser. Biol. Khim. Nauk, No. 1, 85 (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.S. Hakomori, J. Biochem. (Tokyo),55, 205 (1964).Google Scholar