Porous materials sintering under conditions of catalytic reaction
- 38 Downloads
The effect of exothermal catalytic reaction of oxidation of carbon monoxide upon the strength and porosity of iron and nickel catalysts was analysed. It has been shown that during the course of this reaction at 573–623 K, a substantial four- to six-fold increase in the strength of the above catalysts occurs (under fixed porosity) if compared to samples annealed under the same temperature in an inert medium or in the presence of one of the components of the reaction. This effect is caused by facilitation of surface self-diffusion due to catalysis, and permits essential reduction of the sintering temperature. Similar effects have been observed on oxide (MgO, V2O5) catalysts.
KeywordsOxidation Iron Polymer Porosity Nickel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ya. E. Geguzin, M. I. Girenkova, Yu. S. Kaganovsky, S. I. Kontorovich, T. P. Ponomareva, M. V. Tovbin andE. D. Shchukin, in “Proceedings of the National Conference: Non-Stationary Processes in Catalysis”, edited by G. Boreskov, Institute of Catalysis, Novosibirsk, 1979 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.S. I. Kontorovich, T. P. Ponomareva, Ya. E. Geguzin, Yu. S. Kaganovsky andE. D. Shchukin,Poverkhnost (1) (1983) 111.Google Scholar
- 3.E. D. Shchukin andL. Ya. Margolis,ibid. (8) (1982) 1.Google Scholar
- 4.E. D. Shchukin, in “Mechanism of Catalysis”, edited by G. K. Boreskov and T. V. Andrushkevich (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1984) Part 2, pp. 142–54 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.E. D. Shchukin, S. I. Kontorovich, N. I. Girenkova, V. K. Yatsimirsky, Yu. S. Kaganovsky andL. N. Sokolova,Dokl. AN SSSR,318 (1991) 1417.Google Scholar
- 6.E. D. Shchukin,Kinetika Katalis 6 (1965) 641.Google Scholar
- 7.E. D. Shchukin, M. V. Dukarevich, S. I. Kontorovich andP. A. Rebinder,Dokl AN SSSR 182 (1968) 394.Google Scholar
- 8.Ya. E. Geguzin andYu. S. Kaganovsky, “Diffusion Processes on Crystal Surface” (Energoizdat, Moscow, 1984) in Russian.Google Scholar