13C NMR spectra and structure of bungeidiol and its transformation products
- 42 Downloads
The results are given of a study of the13C NMR spectra of the new terpenoid coumarin bungeidiol (I) and of the products of its transformation (II) and (III) and some model compounds (IV–VII). On the basis of the results obtained from these13C NMR spectra and with the use of additive contributions depending on the nature and positions of various substituents (hydroxy and methoxy groups) in the aromatic ring, the structure (I) has been confirmed and a complete assignment of the signals of all the carbon atoms both in the coumarin ring and in the aliphatic part of the molecule of (I) has been made.
KeywordsCoumarin Methoxy Group Scopoletin Spin Coupling Constant Quaternary Carbon Atom
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N. J. Cussans and T. N. Huckerby, Tetrahedron,31, 2715 (1975).Google Scholar
- 2.O. A. Subbotin, P. I. Zakharov, V. A. Zagorevskii, and D. A. Zykov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 458 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.A. Patra et al., Indian J. Chem.,17B, 385 (1979).Google Scholar
- 5.G. Levy and G. Nelson, Carbon-13 in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance for Organic Chemists, Wiley-Interscience, New York (1972).Google Scholar
- 6.R. Freeman and H. D. Hill, J. Magn. Res.,5, 278 (1971).Google Scholar
- 8.I. B. Stothers, Carbon-13 NMR Spectroscopy, Academic Press, New York (1972) p. 13.Google Scholar
- 9.Organic Reactions [Russian translation], No. 1 (1948), p. 267.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Ray et al., Indian J. Chem.,16B, 929 (1978).Google Scholar