Isolation of raffinose from cottonseed meal
The solubility of raffinose in various solvents has been studied. The influence of several factors on the process of extracting raffinose from cottonseed meal has been investigated. The optimum conditions of the extraction process have been established.
KeywordsRaffinose Cotton Seed Concentrate Extract Hydrophilic Nature Seed Meal
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. E. Chichibabin, Fundamental Principles of Organic Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow, Vol. 1 (1965), p. 694.Google Scholar
- 4.P. P. Shorygin, The Chemistry of Carbohydrates [in Russian], Moscow (1938).Google Scholar
- 5.M. R. Nesterin and I. M. Skurikhin, The Chemical Composition of Food Products [in Russian], Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 6.M. S. Khagi, K. A. Sabirov, S. M. Doskal', E. A. Kochetkova, and Z. D. Khan, USSR Inventor's Certificate No. 386,631; Byull. Izobret., No. 27, 10 (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.T. S. Harding, “Sources of the rare sugars IV. Galactose,” Sugar,25, 175 (1923).Google Scholar
- 8.T. G. Dollar and K. S. Markley, in: Cottonseed and Cottonseed Products, New York (1948), p. 482.Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Shcherbakov, The Biochemistry and Merchandizing of Oil Seeds [in Russian], Moscow (1963), p. 106.Google Scholar
- 10.M. T. Turakhozgaev, I. A. Ivanov, Sh. Sh. Sagdullaev, and T. T. Shakirov, USSR Inventor's Certificate No. 993,946; Byul. Izobret., No. 5, 21 (1983).Google Scholar