Electroless silver plating of oxide particles in aqueous solution
- 290 Downloads
It has been demonstrated that silver could be plated on colloidal oxides by reducing silver salts in the presence of colloidal oxides in aqueous solution. In this electroless plating manner, silver coatings have been applied to colloidal silica, tin oxide and to these colloids which have previously been coated with a few monolayers of tin silicate. Data from this study have demonstrated the technical feasibility of electroless plating for the preparation of silver-tin oxide composites as a source of this material for electrical contact materials.
KeywordsOxide Aqueous Solution Silicate Oxide Particle Electrical Contact
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. J. Anderson, G. B. Alexander andW. S. Wartel,Metal Prog. 12 (1962) 88.Google Scholar
- 3.N. Behrens, W. Bohm, P. Braumann andG. Klepp, in “Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Holm Conference on Electrical Contacts” (1983) p. 185.Google Scholar
- 4.H. Schreiner, Ger. Pat. 1029 (1956) p. 571.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Mishima andN. Sugita,Nippon Tungsten Rev. 16 (1983) 23.Google Scholar
- 6.G. B. Alexander, M. E. Wadsworth, C. H. Pitt, X. Zhu andH. Chang, in “Microstructural Control of Silver-Tin Oxide Contacts”, NSF Report ISI-8760110 (1987) p. 71.Google Scholar