Investigation of the 8.2 S globulin from the seeds of the cotton plant
- 21 Downloads
1. It has been established that in the 8.2 S globulin the N-terminal amino acid is arginine; its molecular weight found from the N-terminus is 95,000, and by ultracentrifuging 100,000.
2. On heating with hydrazine, DNP-arginine is converted into ornithine.
3. The 8.2 S globulin consists of 672 amino acid residues.
4. The amount of amide nitrogen in the 8.2 S globulin is 5.6% of the total protein nitrogen.
KeywordsOrnithine Caustic Soda Amide Nitrogen Butanolic Fraction Aminobenzaldehyde
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kh. Mirzarakhmatov and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin.,4, 397 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.Kh. Mirzarakhmatov and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin.,6, 779 (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Belen'kii and É. S. Genkina, Physicochemical Methods for the Study, Analysis, and Fractionation of Biopolymers [in Russian], Moscow-Leningrad (1966), p. 173.Google Scholar
- 5.P. D. Reshetov, G. G. Chestukhina, S. Makhmudov, and A. S. Pyshkin, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin.,7, 66 (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.Paper Chromatography [in Russian], Moscow (1962), p. 475.Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Stepanov, T. I. Vaganova, and Yu. S. Kuznetsov, Biokhimiya,29, No. 3, 529 (1964).Google Scholar
- 9.S. R. Rafikov, S. A. Pavlova, and I. I. Tverdokhlebova, Methods of Determining Molecular Weights and Polydispersities of High- Molecular-Weight Compounds [in Russian], Moscow (1963), p. 141.Google Scholar
- 11.V. S. Asatiani, Biochemical Photometry [in Russian], Moscow (1957), p. 398.Google Scholar
- 12.Analytical Methods of Protein Chemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1963), p. 610.Google Scholar
- 13.A. N. Belozerskii and N. I. Proskuryakov, Practical Handbook on Plant Biochemistry [in Russian], Moscow (1951), pp. 106, 115.Google Scholar