Epoxy acids of the seed oil ofArtemisia absinthium
- 31 Downloads
1. The seed oil of the Central Asian common wormwood has yielded 1.48% of cis-12,13-epoxyoctadec-cis-9-enoic acid, 5.94% of cis-9,10-epoxyoctadec-cis-12-enoic acid, and traces of 9,10-epoxyoctadecanoic acid, and their structures have been confirmed.
2. It is proposed to used the neutralization number of fatty acids to determine the amounts of epoxy acids in their combinations with α-hydroxydienic acids.
3. The possibility has been shown of determining the amount of ratio of the isomeric epoxy acids using oxidative degradation of the total oxy acids.
KeywordsEpoxide Ring Ethylenic Bond Epoxy Acid Acyl Radical Vernolate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.L. J. Morris and R. T. Holman, J. Lipid Res.,2, No. 1, 77 (1961).Google Scholar
- 4.Handbook on Methods of Investigation, Technical and Chemical Control, and the Accounting of Production in the Oils and Fats Industry [in Russian], Vol. 1, Book 2 (1967), p. 894.Google Scholar
- 5.E. I. Gigienova, N. T. Ul'chenko, and A. U. Umarov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 701 (1974).Google Scholar
- 6.E. I. Gigienova and A. U. Umarov, Khim. Prirodn. Soedin., 3 (1972).Google Scholar