Denaturation and renaturation of the 11S globulin of cotton seeds by polarography
- 29 Downloads
It has been established by a polarographic analysis of the globulins of cotton seeds that the 7S and 11S golublins possess a two-step polarographic wave with a half-wave potential of −1.42 V. On the basis of the results of a study of the kinetics of thermal denaturation the high lability of the 11S globulin on heating has been shown. The conditions have been determined of the complete denaturation of the 11S globulin in 8 M urea solution and it has been established that the latter is an irreversible process.
KeywordsThermal Denaturation Sodium Chloride Solution Cotton Seed Urea Solution Potassium Permanganate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.I. P. Ibragimov, Sh. Yunuskhanov, and A. V. Tuichiev, Biokhimiya,34, 1107 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.N. P. Yuldasheva, M. A. Kuchenkova, and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 277 (1975).Google Scholar
- 3.N. L. Ovchinnikova, M. A. Kuchenkova, and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 404 (1975).Google Scholar
- 4.S. I. Asatov., T. S. Yunusov, and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 291 (1977).Google Scholar
- 5.I. D. Ivanov and E. E. Rakhleeva, in: Polarography, Structure, and Functions of Biopolymers [in Russian], Moscow (1968), p. 122.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Kh. Karmoliev, in: Problems of Molecular Biology and Pathology [in Russian], Moscow (1977), p. 93, 31.Google Scholar
- 7.A. P. Ibragimov, A. V. Tuichiev, P. Tursunbaev, and Sh. Yunuskhanov, in: Plant Proteins and Their Biosynthesis [in Russian], Moscow (1975), p. 158.Google Scholar
- 8.T. Yu. Shadrina, T. S. Yunusov, and P. Kh. Yuldashev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 554 (1979).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Kh. Karmoliev, in: Modern Biochemical Methods of Investigation in Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry [in Russian], Moscow (1971), p. 93.Google Scholar