Effect of fluid flow on dendritic structure of Al-Si alloy
- 83 Downloads
The effect of fluid flow induced by electromagnetic stirring on dendritic structure of Al-4% Si alloy has been investigated experimentally. It was found that the fluid flow modified the dendritic structure, and along with the increasing velocity of the flow, the dendrite spacing changed from large passing small to large.
KeywordsPolymer Fluid Flow Dendritic Structure Dendrite Spacing Large Passing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.H. Fredriksson et al. Scand. J. Metall. 15 (1986) 127.Google Scholar
- 4.G. S. Cole, “Solidification” (American Society for Metals, Ohio, 1969) p. 222.Google Scholar
- 5.M. C. Flemings, “Solidification Processing” (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1974) pp. 146, 154.Google Scholar
- 7.Jin Junze, Ren Zhongming andGuo Keren,J. Dalian Inst. Technol. 24 (1985) 37.Google Scholar
- 8.J. J. Moore andN. A. Shah,Inter. Metals Rev. 28 (1983) 338.Google Scholar
- 14.T. Z. Kattamis, J. C. Coughlin andM. C. Flemings,Trans. TMS AIME 239 (1967) 1504.Google Scholar