Surface characterization and catalytic activity of Ln2Ti2O7 (Ln=Y, Sm, Gd and Tb)
- 82 Downloads
The surface of the catalyst, Ln2Ti2O7 where Ln=Y, Sm, Gd and Tb was analysed by X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. Terbium is found to be present in 3+ and 4+ states while Y, Sm and Gd are present in the 3+ state. The catalytic activity of these oxides was tested using decomposition of N2O as the test reaction and the catalytic activity was correlated to the surface properties.
KeywordsOxide Polymer Spectroscopy Catalytic Activity Surface Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.J. Christopher and C. S. Swamy, Proceedings of 9th National Symposium on Catalysts (Tata McGraw Hill, New York, 1989) p. OS.54.Google Scholar
- 9.P. Selvam, B. Viswanathan, C. S. Swamy and V. Srinivasan, Proceedings 8th National Symposium on Catalysts (Edited by S. R. Naidu and B. K. Banerjee) (PDIL, Sindri, 1987) Vol. 1 (1987) 306.Google Scholar
- 10.P. Selvam, B. Viswanathan, C. S. Swamy and V. Srinivasan, Indian J. Technol. 25 (1987) 639.Google Scholar
- 17.C. D. Wagner, in “Practical surface analysis by Auger and Photoelectron Spectroscopy”, edited by D. Briggs and M. P. Seah (John Wiley, New York, 1983).Google Scholar
- 24.G. Nagasubramanian, M. V. C. Sastri and B. Viswanathan, J. Indian Chem. Soc. 56 (1979) 158.Google Scholar
- 25.B. Viswanathan, Indian Chemical. Manufacturer, 9 (1980) 1.Google Scholar
- 26.Idem., Chemical Age of India 29 (1978) 743.Google Scholar
- 28.G. Nagasubramanian, B. Viswanathan and M. V. C. Sastri, Indian J. Chem. 16A (1978) 642.Google Scholar
- 30.A. R. Miedema, Z. Metallkde 69 (1978) 287.Google Scholar