AEM characterization of interfacial reactions between Ti-coating and 95% Al2O3-5% silicate ceramics
- 47 Downloads
Characterization of the interface reaction region of Ti-95% Al2O3 upon exposure to heat treatment at 980 °C has been carried out to investigate changes in microstructure and chemistry of interfacial phases by using energy dispersive X-ray spectroscopy and convergent beam electron diffraction methods. Reactions of titanium-coating with an amorphous grain boundary phase and Al2O3 substrate form suicide layers and columnar Ti3Al grains at the interface respectively.
KeywordsMicrostructure Silicate Heat Treatment Al2O3 Beam Electron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Peddada, K. Sengupta, I. M. Robertson and H. K. Birnbaum, in Proceedings of an International Workshop, Metal-Ceramic Interfaces, edited by M. Rühle, A. G. Evans, M. F. Ashby and J. P. Hirth, January 1989 (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1989) p. 115.Google Scholar
- 2.R. E. Loehman and A. P. Tomsia, Ceram. Bull. 67 (1988) 375.Google Scholar
- 3.F. S. Ohuchi, in Proceedings of an International Workshop, Metal-Ceramic Interfaces, edited by M. Rühle, A. G. Evans, M. F. Ashby and J. P. Hirth, January 1989 (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1989) p. 93.Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Ito, H. Oba and M. Kanno, MRS Int. Meeting Adv. Mater. 8 (1989) 165.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Kang and J. Selverian, submitted for publication.Google Scholar