Invariant three- and four-phase equilibria in the magnesium-rich corner of the Mg-Cu-Sn ternary system
- 46 Downloads
Invariant three- and four-phase equilibria in the magnesium-rich corner of the Mg-Cu-Sn ternary system have been studied by differential thermal analysis, optical microscopy, electron probe microanalysis and X-ray diffraction. The L⇋(Mg) + Mg2 Cu + Mg2Sn ternary eutectic reaction was found to be at 467 °C and at Mg−13.5 at % Cu−4.4 at% Sn. The L⇋Mg2Cu + Mg2Sn pseudo-binary eutectic reaction is tentatively located at 522°C and at Mg−26.0 at % Cu−7.7 at % Sn.
KeywordsPolymer Microscopy Thermal Analysis Optical Microscopy Differential Thermal Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.F. Sommer, M. Fripan and B. Predel, in Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Rapidly Quenched Metals, Sendai (Japan), August 1981, edited by T. Masumoto and K. Suzuki (Japan Institute of Metals, Sendai, 1982) p. 209.Google Scholar
- 3.Y. A. Chang, J. P. Neumann, A. Mikula and D. Goldlang, National Standard Reference Data System (National Bureau of Standards, USA, 1979) p. 520.Google Scholar
- 6.“Melting point of the elements”, ibid. 7 (1986) 601.Google Scholar
- 8.“Vapour pressure of the elements” in“Handbook of Chemistry and Physics” edited by R. C. Weast (CRC, Florida, 1978) p. D-258.Google Scholar
- 10.F. N. Rhines, “Phase Diagrams in Metallurgy” (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1956) pp. 159 and 163.Google Scholar
- 11.A. D. Pelton, in“Physical Metallurgy” edited by R. W. Cahn and P. Haasen (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1983) p. 327.Google Scholar
- 12.G. Massing, “Ternary Systems” (Reinhold, New York, 1944) p. 42.Google Scholar