Control of properties of PZT ceramics during liquid-phase sintering
- 69 Downloads
A PZT ceramic modified by 0.4Pb-(1−x)(B2O3)−x(GeO2) glass, and glass-ceramics modified by V2O5, have been obtained. The influence of the chemical composition of the glasses on the mechanical strength and dielectric parameters of these ceramics is investigated. The mechanical and electrical parameters of PZT ceramics are considerably improved by small additions of glass (⩽ 1 mass %) of suitable composition. During heat treatment, the mobility of the domain walls may be changed as a result of the interaction of smelt glass with the surface layer of the crystallites (resulting from a change of V Pb t" vacancy concentration in grains and decreased mechanical tension on the grain boundaries). By introducing the glass, we can decrease the porosity of the ceramics and thus decrease the attenuation of surface acoustic waves in piezoelectric filters. The origin of the liquid phase during sintering of the PZT glass-ceramics prevents PbO evaporation. This determines the preservation of the solution's stoichiometry. The glass addition leads to a decrease in the sintering temperature of PZT, which simplifies the technological process. The glass ceramics are obtained by common ceramic technology which is used for commercial piezoceramic production. The main technological problem is choosing the chemical composition and concentration of the glass and thermal process parameters.
KeywordsDomain Wall Acoustic Wave V2O5 B2O3 Surface Acoustic Wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Jaffe, U. Cook and G. Jaffe, “Piezoelectric Ceramics” (Academic Press, London, New York, 1971).Google Scholar
- 2.B. T. Maltsev and Yu. I. Goltzov, Izv. AN SSSR, Neorg. mat. 15 (1979) 880.Google Scholar
- 3.B. P. Zatsarinniy, Izv. SKNC-V.S. Rostov-on-Don 5 (1978) 208.Google Scholar
- 4.S. P. Tresvjatskiy, “Sovremennye problemy poroškovoj metallurgii” Naukova dumka Kiev., 1970) p. 269.Google Scholar
- 5.E. G. Fesenko, A. Ya. Danciger, O. W. Razumovskaja, “Novye piezokeramičeskije Materialy” (RGU, Rostovon-Don, 1983) p. 80.Google Scholar