Preparation, composition and some properties of codeposited TiB2-TiCx-coatings
- 42 Downloads
Heterogeneous TiCx and TiB2 containing layers have been deposited from the gas phase onto hard metal and tantalum substrates in a cold wall reactor. The process parameters were thermodynamically calculated and verified by experiments. The deposited layers have been characterized regarding the chemical composition, structure, microhardness and abrasion wear. In a large composition range a characteristic layer structure is observed. Microhardness and abrasion wear run in dependence on the layer composition through a peak factor.
KeywordsPolymer Layer Structure Tantalum Composition Range Abrasion Wear
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Yu. G. Tkatschenko, C. C. Ordanjan, D. Z. Yurtschenko, W. K. Yuljugin, G. A. Bowkun and W. U. Unrod, Neorg. mater. 15 (1979) 4, 704.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Lange and H. Holleck, in Proceedings of the 11th International Plansee Seminar, 1985, Vol. 2 (Metallwerk Plansee, 1985) p. 744.Google Scholar
- 5.J. J. Spiwak, R. Andrijewskij, W. W. Klimenko and W. D. Lazarenko, Poroshk. Metallurgija No. 8 (1974) 18.Google Scholar
- 6.U. König, K. Dreyer, N. Reiter, J. Kolaska and H. Grewe, Techn. Mitt. Krupp-Forsch. Ber. 39 (1981) 1, 3.Google Scholar
- 7.A. Leonhardt, E. Wolf, M. Schönherr, M. Seidler, K. Bartsch and D. Selbmann, Neue Hütte 31 (1986) 423.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Holleck, Chemiker-Zeitung 106 (1982) 213.Google Scholar
- 9.W. Jeitschko, H. Nowotny and F. Benesovsky, Mh. Chem. 94 (1963) 565.Google Scholar
- 10.D. Selbmann, E. Wolf, in “Thermodynamics of Complex Reaction Systems, ZFW Report” (ZFW Dresden, 1980).Google Scholar
- 12.D. R. Stull and H. Prophet (Eds), “JANAF Thermochemical Tables”, 2nd edn, in NBS Nat. Stan. Ref. Data Ser. 37, 1971 (National Bureau of Standards, US Department of Commerce) (1970).Google Scholar