Laser-induced deposition of thin chromium oxide films
- 37 Downloads
Molybdenum, 1045 carbon steel and silicon specimens have been coated with thin layers of Cr2O3 by means of ArF excimer pulse laser decomposition of Cr(CO)6 gas. The results of the study revealed that the properties of the films, such as composition, thickness, morphology and microstructure depend on both the parameters of the laser radiation and the physical properties of the substrates.
KeywordsOxide Radiation Polymer Silicon Microstructure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. J. Erlich and J. Y. Tsao, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B1 (1985) 969.Google Scholar
- 4.C. W. White and M. J. Aziz, in “Surface Alloying by Ion, Electron and Laser Beams”, edited by L. E. Rehn, S. T. Picraux and H. Wiedesich (ASM, Ohio, USA, 1986) p. 19.Google Scholar
- 5.E. Jacobsohn, J. Zahavi, A. Rosen and S. Nadiv, in The 12th International Plansee Seminar, edited by H. Bildstein and H. M. Ortner (Metalwerk Plansee GmBH, Revtte, Austria, 1989) p. 109.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Esrom and G. Wahl, in Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on CVD, edited by R. Porat (Iscar Ltd, Israel, 1987) p. 367.Google Scholar
- 8.I. P. Herman, R. A. Hyde, B. M. McWilliams and L. L. Wood, in MRS Symposium Proceedings (Elsevier Science, New York, 1983) p. 9.Google Scholar
- 9.C. D. Lien, L. S. Wielunski, M. A. Nicolet and K. M. Stika, in MRS Symposium Proceedings, edited by R. Ludeke and K. Rose (North Holland, New York, 1983) p. 235.Google Scholar
- 11.P. J. Love, R. T. Loda, P. R. La Roe, A. K. Green and V. Rhen, in “Laser Controlled Chemical Processing of Surfaces”, Vol. 29, edited by A. W. Johnson, D. J. Erlich and H. R. Schlossberg (Elsevier Science, New York, 1984) p. 101.Google Scholar
- 12.J. F. Ready, in “Industrial Applications of Lasers” (Academic, New York, 1978) p. 341.Google Scholar