Effect of inorganic electrolytes on the rheological properties of the aqueous yttrium oxide/colloidal zirconia binder sols system
- 41 Downloads
Multivalent ions such as La3+, Mg2+ function as surface-active counter ions for Y2O3 particles in aqueous solution. Due to the addition of these electrolytes, the solid content of Y2O3/ZrO2 binder sols slurry was increased and the stability of the slurry was improved. Both ion valence and ion size of electrolytes added into the slurry are expected to influence the slurry rheological flow behaviour.
KeywordsPolymer Aqueous Solution Zirconia Yttrium Rheological Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. C. Feagin, U. S. Patent, 4196769 (1978).Google Scholar
- 2.T. Y. Tseng, Y. Y. Kuo and Y. L. Lin, in “Ceramic Transaction”, Vol. 1, edited by G. Messing, E. Fuller and H. Hausner (The American Ceramic Society, USA, 1988) p. 420.Google Scholar
- 4.R. C. Feagin, in “Sixth World Conference On Investment Casting”, (Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1983) p. 1.Google Scholar
- 5.E. J. Verway, in “Colloid Chemistry”, Vol. 7, edited by J. Alexander (Reinhold Publication Corporation, New York, 1950) p. 47.Google Scholar
- 7.F. A. Cotton and G. Wilkinson, in “Advance Inorganic Chemistry, A Comprehensive Text” (Wiley, New York, 1980) p. 973.Google Scholar
- 8.R. C. Vickery, in “Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry”, Vol. 3, edited by J. C. Bailer, H. J. Emelens, S. R. Nyholm and A. F. Trotman-Dickenson (Pergamon, Rushcutters Bay, NSW, Australia, 1973) p. 346.Google Scholar
- 9.K. Wade and J. Banister, in “Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry”, Vol. 1, edited by J. C. Bailer, H. J. Emelens, S. R. Nyholm and A. F. Trotman-Dickenson (Pergamon, Rushcutters Bay, NSW, Australia, 1973) p. 1032.Google Scholar
- 10.“A Guide to the ZrO2 Sols Product” (Remet Corporation, USA) Ch. 3, p. 9.Google Scholar
- 14.H. V. Olphen, in “An Introduction to Clay Colloid Chemistry” (Wiley, New York, 1970) p. 26.Google Scholar
- 15.Idem., ibid., p. 9.Google Scholar