Effects of amines on the formation of β-ferric oxide hydroxide
- 114 Downloads
Colloidal particles of β-ferric oxide hydroxide (β-FeOOH) were prepared by ageing an FeCl3 solution at 100°C in the presence of various amines with different numbers of nitrogen atoms. The particle and crystallite sizes of the formed β-FeOOH decreased with increasing concentration of amines, but the particles produced contained no amine. The influence of triethanolamine on the growth of β-FeOOH particles was more marked than those of ethylenediamine, diethylenetriamine and triaminotriethylamine. The adsorption isotherms of nitrogen and water on the formed particles of different size were measured and surface fractal analysis was performed.
KeywordsOxide Nitrogen Polymer Hydroxide Nitrogen Atom
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.L. J. E. Hoffer, W. C. Peebles and W. E. Dieter, ibid. 68 (1946) 1935.Google Scholar
- 4.A. L. Mackay, Mineral Mag. 32 (1960) 545.Google Scholar
- 5.K. J. Gallagher and D. N. Phillips, Chimia 23 (1969) 465.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Ellis, R. Giovanoli and W. Stumm, ibid. 30 (1976) 3.Google Scholar
- 14.K. Kandori, S. Uchida and T. Ishikawa, J. Mater. Sci., in press.Google Scholar
- 17.A. Müller, Arzneinmittel Forsch. 17 (1967) 921.Google Scholar