A computer simulation method for sintering in three-dimensional powder compacts
- 72 Downloads
A new simulation method for sintering in three-dimensional powder packings is presented. The model is based on two-particle sintering interactions and is able to describe mass transport mechanisms based on grain-boundary diffusion as well as on lattice diffusion. It is shown that the simulation method provides an adequate description of structural reorganization effects which occur during the early stage of sintering. Simulation results are presented for the sintering of a random packing and of some crystalline-type packings in which various initial defects have been created.
KeywordsPolymer Powder Compact Computer Simulation Mass Transport Simulation Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Frenkel, J. Phys. (USSR) 9 (1945) 385.Google Scholar
- 2.G. Petzow and H. E. Exner, Z. Metallkde 67 (1976) 611.Google Scholar
- 4.E. G. Liniger and R. Ray, Commun. Am. Ceram. Soc. 79 (1988) C-408.Google Scholar
- 5.Idem, Sci. Sintering 21 (1989) 109.Google Scholar
- 11.H. E. Exner Rev. Powder Metall. Phys. Ceram. 1 (1979) 1.Google Scholar
- 12.S. E. Koonin and D. C. Meredith, in “Computational Physics” (Addison-Wesley New York, 1990) p. 29.Google Scholar