Debonding microprocesses and interfacial strength in particle-filled polymer materials
- 166 Downloads
Griffith energy theory was developed for analysis of crack propagation along an interface in polymers filled with rigid spherical inclusions. A polydisperse structural model was used for stress-strain distribution analysis of composite materials. Experiments were performed on glass-bead filled polyethylene and polypropylene and epoxy resin. The dependence of debonding stresses and angles on contraction stress, friction, particle diameter and material characteristics were analysed.
KeywordsPolymer Polyethylene Epoxy Composite Material Polypropylene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. A. Manson and L. H. Sperling, in “Polymer blends and composites”, Russian edition, edited by Yu. K. Godovsky (Khimiya, Moscow, 1979) p. 309.Google Scholar
- 4.V. G. Oshmyan, N. N. Knunyants, Yu. M. Tovmasyan, V. A. Topolkaraev and L. I. Manevich, Mehanika Kompozit. Materialov 3 (1984) 431.Google Scholar
- 5.A. V. Zhuk, A. Y. Gorenberg, V. A. Topolkaraev and V. G. Oshmyan, ibid. 5 (1987) 776.Google Scholar
- 8.V. A. Topolkaraev, N. V. Gorbunova, I. L. Dubnikova, T. V. Paramzina and F. S. Dyachkovsky, Vysokomolek. Soed. 32A (1990) 2210.Google Scholar
- 9.V. G. Oshmyan, in “Proceedings of the 3rd Japan-USSR Joint Symposium on Advanced Composite Materials”, Moscow, October 1991, edited by Yu. M. Tovmasyan (Institute of Chemical Physics, Moscow, 1991) p. 181.Google Scholar
- 13.V. I. Mossakovsky and M. T. Rybka, Prikladnaya Matematika i Mehanika 28 (1964) 1061.Google Scholar
- 15.V. G. Oshmyan, Doctoral Thesis, Institute of Chemical Physics Academy of Sciences USSR (1987).Google Scholar
- 16.N. N. Knunyants, M. A. Lyapunov, L. I. Manevich, V. G. Oshmyan and A. Y. Shaulov, Mehanika Kompozit. Materialov 2 (1986) 231.Google Scholar
- 19.L. M. Chepel, M. I. Knunyants, V. A. Topolkaraev, A. N. Zelenetsky, O. B. Solomatina and E. V. Prut, Vysokomolek. Soed. 26A (1984) 362.Google Scholar
- 20.V. P. Yashyn, I. S. Vainilovich, A. V. Zhuk, S. S. Sheiko and S. N. Magonov, Pribory i Tehnika Eksperimenta 4 (1989) 246.Google Scholar