Study of phase-transfer-catalyst influence in CaO-SiO2 Gel preparation
- 42 Downloads
Gels in a CaO-SiO2 (20∶80 wt%) system were prepared in a heterogeneous phase. The following phase-transfer catalysts were tested: 18-Crown-6, 15-Crown-5 and tetrabutylammonium hydrogenosulphate. The influences of the polarity of two non-classical solvents (toluene and dichloromethane) were also studied. The degrees of polymerization and of oxide contents were analysed by infrared spectroscopy and thermal analysis. Finally, the morphology and structure of the dry and fired gels were studied by scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and X-ray diffraction (XRD).
KeywordsOxide Polymer Spectroscopy Microscopy Electron Microscopy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.J. Zarzycki, M. Prassas and J. Phalippou, ibid. 17 (1982) 3371–3379.Google Scholar
- 3.J. C. Pouxiel and J. P. Boillot, in “Ultrastructure processing of advanced ceramics”, edited by J. D. Mackenzie and D. R. Ulrich (John Wiley, New York, 1988).Google Scholar
- 5.J. CARDA, S. RODRIGUEZ, G. MONRÓS, M. A. TENA, P. ESCRIBANO and J. ALARCÓN, J. Non-Cryst. Solids, in press.Google Scholar
- 6.B. P. CZECH, M. J. PUGIA and R. A. BARTSCH, Tetrahedron (1985) 1344–1439.Google Scholar
- 8.M. A. Villegas and J. M. Fernandez Navarro, Bol. Soc. Esp. Ceram. Vidr. 27 (1988) 349–357.Google Scholar
- 12.P. Tarte, Acad. Roy. Belg. Cl. Sci. Mem. 35 (1965) 103–119.Google Scholar