Physico-chemical characterization of NiO/YSZ powders prepared by the citrate route
- 49 Downloads
NiO/YSZ powders prepared by the citrate route were characterized in order to check the effectiveness of this method for the preparation of materials suitable for solid oxide fuel cell application. Powders were obtained in the form of agglomerates of small YSZ and NiO particles (dimensions <0.1 μm). Both stoichiometry of YSZ and NiO content derived by quantitative XRD analysis are consistent with the results of chemical analysis.
KeywordsOxide Polymer Chemical Analysis Citrate Fuel Cell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Suzuki, H. Sasaki, S. Otoshi and M. Ippomatsu, in “Proceeding of the Second International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells”, Athens, July 1991, edited by F. Grosz, P. Zegers, S. C. Singhal and O. Yamamoto (Office for Official Publication of the European Communities, Luxembourg, 1991) p. 585.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Morgensen, ibid.in, p. 577.Google Scholar
- 3.K. E. Swider and W. L. Worrell, ibid.in, p. 593Google Scholar
- 4.S. Murakami, Y. Akiyama, N. Ishida, T. Yasuo, T. Saito and N. Furukawa, ibid.in, p. 561Google Scholar
- 5.P.H. Middleton, M. E. Seiersten and B. C. H. Steele, in “Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel cells”, edited by S. C. Singhal (The Electrochemical Society, Pennington, NJ, 1989) p. 90.Google Scholar
- 6.T. P. Lockhart, G. Piro, M. F. Gagliardiand L. Zanibelli, EP 525 844 (03 Feb. 1993).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Schneider, in “Proceedings International Workshop on the Rietveld Method, Petten (NL), 1989”, Abstract B17.Google Scholar
- 12.K. Haberko, Ceram. Int. 5 (1979) 1481.Google Scholar
- 14.R. Millini, in “IEA SOFC Expert Meeting”, Lausanne (CH), 5–6 November 1990.Google Scholar
- 15.C. Perego, L. Zanibelli, M. Catrullo and G. Piro, in ” Proceedings of Third International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells”, Honolulu, 16–23 May 1993, edited by S. C. Singhal and H. Iwahara (The Electrochemical Society, Pennington NJ, 1993) p. 454.Google Scholar