A study on martensitic transformation in Ti50−x/2Ni50−x/2Cux alloys with X≤10 at%
- 60 Downloads
The effect of Cu additions on the martensitic transformation sequence and temperature in Ti50−x/2Ni50−x/2Cuxalloys with x: 1–10 at% are investigated by ER, DSC, X-ray and IF measurements. Experimental results show that the transformation sequence of Ti50−x/2Ni50−x/2Cux alloys with x: 1–4 at% proceeding as two-stage B2→R→B19′ transformation on cooling and Ti50−x/2Ni50−x/2Cux alloys with x=5, 10 at% have no martensitic transformation. The addition of Cu in Ti50−x/2Ni50−x/2Cux alloys assists the formation of R-phase, a behaviour which is quite different from that in Ti50Ni50−xCux alloys. Both the Ms and TR temperatures decrease rapidly with increasing Cu addition in Ti50−x/2Ni50−x/2Cux alloys with x: 1–4 at%. It is proposed that the Cu+Ni effects on the Ms temperature in Ti50−x/2Ni50−x/2Cux alloys is similar as Cu +Ni effects in Ti50Ni50−xCux alloys and as Ni effects in as-quenched Ni-rich TiNi alloys.
KeywordsPolymer Material Processing Martensitic Transformation TiNi TiNi Alloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.T. Saburi and S. Nenno, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Martensitic Transformations, Nova, Japan (1986) p. 671.Google Scholar
- 8.T. Saburi, T. Takagaki, S. Nenno and K. Koshino, in Proceedings of the MRS International Meeting on Advanced Materials Shape-Memory Materials, Tokyo, Japan (1988) p. 147.Google Scholar
- 9.J. L. Proft, K. N. Melton and T. W. Duerig, ibid. p. 159.Google Scholar
- 10.S. Miyazaki, I. Shiota, K. Otsuka and H. Tamura, ibid. p. 153.Google Scholar
- 12.W. J. Moberly, J. L. Proft, T.W. Duerig and R. Sinclair, Material Science Forum 56 (1990) 605.Google Scholar
- 19.Y. Nakata, T. Tadaki and K. Shimizu, Mater. Trans. JIM 32 (1991) 500.Google Scholar
- 20.y. C. lo and s. k. wu, unpublished work.Google Scholar
- 27.s. A. shabalovskaya, in ‘Proceedings of the Shape-Memory Materials and Phenomena-Fundamental Aspects and Applications’, Boston, US, MRS Symposium Proceedings, Vol. 246, edited by C. T. Liu, H. Kunsmann, K. Otsuka and M. Wutting (MRS, 1992) p. 247.Google Scholar
- 28.s. miyazaki and k. otsuka, in “Shape Memory Alloys”, edited by H. Funakubo (Gordon and Breach Publisher, 1984) p. 116.Google Scholar