A study of the effects of various inhibitors in C/C composites
- 74 Downloads
The oxidation behaviour of carbon/carbon composites, with the addition of various inhibitors, has been studied using thermodynamic analysis and microscopy. The effects of ZrB2, B, SiB4, tetraethylorthosilicate (TEOS), tributylphosphate (TBP) and additions of treatment with H3PO4 were compared using L8 orthogonal array table and analysed by the ANOVA-TM program.
KeywordsOxidation Polymer Microscopy Material Processing H3PO4
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Konkin, in “Strong Fibers” edited by W. Watt and B. Perov (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1985) p.Google Scholar
- 2.D. W. McKee, in “Chemistry and Physics of Carbon” edited by P. L. Walker, Jr. and P. A. Thrower (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1981) Vol. 16, p. 1.Google Scholar
- 5.R. C. Asher and T. B. Kirstein, J. Nucl Mater. 25 (1986) 334.Google Scholar
- 6.M. S. Phadke, in “Quality Engineering using Robust Design” by AT&T Bell Laboratories (Prentice Hall, New Jersey, 1989) p. 286.Google Scholar
- 7.ASTM, C-20 (1983).Google Scholar