A study of spinodal decomposition in Ni-30 at% Cu and Cu-46 at% Ni-4 at% Fe alloys using electrical resistivity measurements
- 101 Downloads
The spinodal decomposition in Ni 30 at% Cu and Cu-46 at% Ni-4 at% Fe alloys has been investigated using electrical resistivity measurements. The electrical resistivity results, for ageing temperatures between 423 and 823 K, were analysed from the equation of change of electrical resistivity for spinodal decomposition in binary alloys proposed by Kolometz and Smirnov, together with the classical spinodal decomposition theory of Cahn. This analysis enabled us to obtain a plot of the amplification factor, R(β), as a function of temperature. From this plot, the coherent spinodal temperatures for Ni-30 at% Cu and Cu-46 at% Ni-4 at% Fe alloys were found at 590 and 790 K, respectively, and are in good agreement with experimental and theoretical values reported by other authors.
KeywordsPolymer Electrical Resistivity Material Processing Binary Alloy Resistivity Measurement
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. Elford, F. Muller and O. Kubachewsky, Ber.Busenges. 73 (1969) 601.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Mey, Z. Metallkde 78 (1987) 502.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Aalders, C. van Dijk and S. Radelaar, in “Proceedings of the 2nd Acta-Scripta Metall. Conference On Early Stage Decompostion”, Sonnenberg, Germany, edited by P. Haasen, V. Gerold, R. Wagner and M. F. Ashby (Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1983) p. 149.Google Scholar
- 7.D. Kolometz and A. Smirnov, Fiz. Metal. Metalloved. 14 (1969) 3.Google Scholar
- 8.J. W. Cahn, Trans. Met. Soc. AIME 242 (1968) 166.Google Scholar
- 10.W. Schüle, P. Spindler and E. Lang, Z. Metallkde 66 (1975) 50.Google Scholar