Characterization of Pb(Zr, Ti)O3 thin films obtained by MOD
- 36 Downloads
Pb(Zr, Ti)O3 thin films were deposited by dip-coating on polycrystalline alumina substrates by using an MOD method. The thickness and homogeneity of the films were measured as a function of dip rates and solution concentration. Heating and cooling schedules determined the main structure of the crystallized films. Rheology measurements and Fourier transform-infrared spectra were carried out to obtain a better knowledge of the solution features. A microstructural development study and some ferroelectric measurements were also carried out.
KeywordsPolymer Alumina Fourier Solution Concentration Material Processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. L. Swartz, S. J. Bright, P. J. Melling and T. R. Shrout, “Materials Research Society Symposium Proceedings” (Materials Research Society, 1989) p. 152.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Kawanagh and J. O. Williams, in “Electroceramics”, edited by A. J. Moulsva, J. Binner and R. Morrell, British Ceramic Proceedings Vol. 41 (The Institute of Ceramics, Stoke-on-Trent 1989).Google Scholar
- 5.J. Fukushima, K. Kodaira, A. Tsnashima and T. Matsushita, J. Ceram. Soc. Jpn 83 (1975) 204.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Fukushima, K. Kodaira, A. Tsnashima and T. Matsushita, ibid. 83 (1975) 535.Google Scholar
- 7.R. A. Lipels, N. A. Ives and M.S. Leung, “Science of Ceramic Chemical Processing” (Wiley Interscience, New York, 1980) p. 320.Google Scholar
- 11.J. Palma and C. Pascual, in “Proceedings of the 3rd National Meeting on Materials Science”, Seville, edited by I. Carrizosa et al. (University of Sevilla-CSIC, 1990) p. 97.Google Scholar
- 12.H. P. Klug and I. E. Alexander, “X-ray Diffraction Procedures”, 2nd Edn (Wiley, New York, 1974) p. 656.Google Scholar
- 13.J. F. Fernandez, “Influence of Precursors on microstructural relationships and properties of ceramic materials based on PZT”, M.Sc., thesis, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (1986) p. 31.Google Scholar
- 14.R. M. Guppy and A. Atkinson, British Ceramic Proceedings Vol. 49 (The Institute of Ceramics, Stoke-on-Trent, 1990) p. 203.Google Scholar