Electrical resistivity of single-crystal lithium ammonium sulphate between 300 and 500 K
- 38 Downloads
The d.c.,electrical resistivity, θ, of pure LiNH4SO4 single crystals has been measured between 300 and 500 K in three successive runs. Anomalous behaviour before and at the transition point was observed and thermal annealing was necessary for reproducible results. The temperature dependence of θ along the polar axis yielded the values ΔE=0.54 and 1.48 eV and ΔE=1.95 eV for the energy activating the charge transport mechanisms in the ferroelectric and the paraelectric phases, respectively. A “pre-transition” phenomenon was observed while measuring ϱ along the a- and b-axes. The J-E characteristics indicated possible space-charge effects at low measuring fields. The mechanism of electrical conduction in the measuring range has been discussed.
KeywordsLithium Electrical Resistivity Measuring Field Transition Point Transport Mechanism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.V. I. Yuzvak, L. I. Zherebtsova, V. B. Shkuryaeva and I. P. Aleksandrova, Sov. Phys. Crystallogr. 19 (1975) 480.Google Scholar
- 5.K. S. Aleksandrov, I. P. Aleksandrova, A. T. Anistratov and V. E. Shabanov, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR Ser Fiz. 41 (1977) 599.Google Scholar
- 6.I. P. Aleksandrova, I. S. Kabanov, S. V. Melnikova, T. I. Chekmasova and V. I. Yuzvak, Sov. Phys. Solid State 19 (1977) 605.Google Scholar
- 8.I. M. Iskornev and I. N. Flerov, Sov. Phys. Solid State 19 (1977) 605.Google Scholar
- 10.K. S. Aleksandrov, I. P. Aleksandrova, L. I. Zherebtsova, A. I. Kruglik, A. I. Krupnyi, S. V. Melnikova, V. I. Shneider and L. A. Shuvalov, Izv. Acad. Nauk SSSR, Ser Fiz. 39 (1975) 943.Google Scholar
- 16.I. P. Aleksandrova, I. S. Kabanov, S. V. Melinikova, T. I. Chekmasova and V. I. Yuzuvak, Sov. Phys. Crystallogr. 22 (1977) 182.Google Scholar