Preparation of BN films by r.f. thermal plasma chemical vapour deposition
- 103 Downloads
Boron nitride films were prepared at 1 atm by r.f. thermal plasma chemical vapour deposition from the gas systems of Ar-BF3-N2 (or NH3, NF3)-H2, Ar-BCl3-N2 (or NH3, NF3)-H2, and Ar-B2H6-N2 (or NH3)-H2. The appearance and the deposition rate of the films changed drastically with the composition of the feed gas. Only from the Ar-BF3-N2(-NF3) gas, were transparent and smooth films obtained, while from other gas systems, white flaky or powder-like deposits formed. The structure of these films was basically sp2-bonded turbostratic BN, and the formation of cubic BN was not confirmed.
KeywordsPolymer Boron Nitride Chemical Vapour Deposition Vapour Deposition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.K. INAGAWA, K. WATANABE, I. TANAKA, S. SAITOH and A. ITOH, in “Proceedings of the 9th Symposium on Ion Source and Ion-assisted Technology” (ISIAT), edited by T. TAKAGI (Ion Beam Eng. Exp. Lab., Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan, 1985) p. 299.Google Scholar
- 7.S. KOMATSU, K. AKASHI and T. YOSHIDA, in “Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Plasma Chemistry”, Eindhoven, July 1985, edited by C. J. Timmerman (IUPAC Subcommittee of Plasma Chemistry, 1985) p. 142.Google Scholar
- 8.H. SAITOH, T. ISHIGURO and Y. ICHINOSE, in “Proceedings of the 8th International Symposium on Plasma Chemistry”, Tokyo, August 1987, edited by K. Akashi and A. Kimbara (IUPAC Subcommittee of Plasma Chemistry, 1987) 1148.Google Scholar
- 13.J. THOMAS Jr, N. E. WESTON and T. E. O'CONNOR, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 24 (1963) 4619.Google Scholar
- 16.W. R. SMITH and R. W. MISSEN, “Chemical Reaction Equilibrium Analysis” (Wiley, New York, 1982).Google Scholar
- 17.D. STULL and H. PROPHET (project directors), “JANAF Thermochemical Tables”, 2nd Edn (American Chemical Society and American Physics Institute for the National Bureau of Standards, the Superintendent of Documents, US Government Print Office, 1972).Google Scholar