Isothermic growth of one spherulite around circular obstacles in a polypropylene foil
- 40 Downloads
Growth of one spherulite within a thin foil of polypropylene around one circular obstacle or around combinations of circular obstacles is investigated. For each obstacle there exists a region of shadow, seen from the nucleus of the spherulite, which influences the growth of the spherulite. Within any region of shadow the growth fronts are evolvents of the obstacle's boundary, because the spherulite grows isotropically. When two growth fronts belonging to one spherulite meet each other inside the shadow, an intrinsic grain boundary is formed for each obstacle. Additionally, growth of one spherulite around a rectangular obstacle and a spherical obstacle is investigated.
KeywordsPolymer Polypropylene Material Processing Thin Foil Growth Front
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.M. BIERMANN, PhD thesis, Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf, (1994).Google Scholar
- 7.I. N. BRONSTEIN and K. A. SEMENDJAJEW, “Taschenbuch der Mathematik” (Verlag Harri Deutsch, Thun und Frankfurt am Main, 1984) pp. 594–95.Google Scholar
- 8.M. M. LIPSCHUTZ, “Theory and Problems of Differential Geometry” (McGraw Hill, New York, 1969) pp. 80–102.Google Scholar
- 9.G. E. W. SCHULZE and M. BIERMANN, J. Mater. Sci. Lett. 12 (1993) 11.Google Scholar
- 10.Idem, ibid. 12 (1993) 533.Google Scholar