Lithium disorder in the vicinity of the superionic phase transition in monoclinic and rhombohedral Li3In2(PO4)3
- 52 Downloads
Rhombohedral and monoclinic modifications of the Li3In2(PO4)3 compound have been studied by X-ray diffraction, infrared (i.r.) analysis, Raman light scattering, differential thermal analysis (DTA), differential scanning calorimetry (DSC) and impedance spectroscopy, in a wide temperature range of 290–600 K. Analysis of the data allows the suggestion that the superionic phase transition, observed in these materials in the temperature interval 370–385 K, belongs to Faraday type phase transformations. PO4 tetrahedra, which are a partition of the (In2P3O12) 300 3− rigid skeleton, have been found deformed. This seems to be due to an ordered lithium ion-vacancy distribution in the low temperature, non-superionic, polymorphs. With increasing temperature these deformations disappear. This disappearance can be caused by a decrease of the correlation length of the lithium ion-vacancy order.
KeywordsPhase Transition Lithium Differential Scanning Calorimetry Thermal Analysis Phase Transformation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. A. Genkina, L. A. Muradyan, B. A. Maximov, B. V. Merinov and S. E. Sigaryov, Kristallographiya 32 (1987) 74 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.D. Tran Qui and S. Hamdoune, Acta Crystallogr. C43 (1987) 397.Google Scholar
- 4.E. A. Genkina, L. N. Demyanets, A. K. Ivanov-Shits, B. A. Maximov, O. K. Melnikov and V. I. Simonov, Pisma v ZhETPh 38 (1983) 257 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.I. P. Kondratyuk, M. I. Sirota, B. A. Maximov, L. A. Muradyan and V. I. Simonov, Kristallographiya 31 (1986) 488 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 6.E. A. Genkina, L. A. Muradyan and B. A. Maximov, 31 (1986) 595 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.E. A. Genkina, B. A. Maximov, S. E. Sigaryov and I. A. Verin, Kristallographiya 36 (1991) 637 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 10.I. P. Kondratyuk, B. A. Maximov and L. A. Muradyan, Dokl. AN SSSR 292 (1987) 1376 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 12.R. M. White and T. H. Geballe, “Long Range Order in Solids”, (Academic Press, New York, 1979).Google Scholar
- 15.V. I. Michailov, B. N. Mavrin, A. K. Ivanov-Shits and S. E. Sigaryov, Kristallographiya 37 (1992) 760 (in Russian).Google Scholar