Reformed bamboo and reformed bamboo/aluminium composite
- 218 Downloads
A new technique has been developed which aims at changing the form of bamboo from its natural circular cross-section into a plate for convenient use. The manufacturing technique covers three major processes: softening, compression and fixture. The microstructure of reformed bamboo was studied both qualitatively and quantitatively. The mechanical properties of reformed bamboo were tested and the results show a remarkable increase compared with normal bamboo. Although the reformed bamboo has many advantages, such as higher specific properties, inexpensive cost, etc., the composition of reformed bamboo with aluminium alloy sheets further improves the comprehensive performance.
KeywordsPolymer Aluminium Microstructure Mechanical Property Aluminium Alloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. Fengel and X. Shao, Wood Sci. Technol. 18 (1984) 103.Google Scholar
- 3.Y. Z. Li, S. H. Zhang, T. R. Bai, Y. Lu, L. H. Zang and H. Lui, “The Physical and Mechanical Properties of Seven Kinds of Bamboo in China” (Wood Industry Institute of Chinese Academy of Forestry Science, Beijing, 1986), in Chinese.Google Scholar
- 4.S. H. Li, Q. Y. Zeng, Z. G. Zheng, F. T. Zhang and B. L. Zhou, C-MRS Int. Symp. Proc. 2 (1990) 87.Google Scholar
- 5.S. H. Li, S. Y. Fu, Q. Y. Zeng, X. P. Zhao and B. L. Zhou, Biomimetics (1994) in press.Google Scholar
- 7.X. J. Xian, W. P. Zheng and D. Y. Li, Acta Mater. Compos. Sinica 3 (1988) 7.Google Scholar
- 8.Q. Y. Zeng, S. H. Li and X. R. Bao, Sci. Silvae Sinicae 28 (1992) 247.Google Scholar