Comprehensive evaluation of performance of ARALL by fuzzy multi-aspect decision making method
- 44 Downloads
ARALL (Aramid Aluminium Laminate) is a super-hybrid composite, and there are many factors influencing the performances of the laminate. In this paper, fuzzy theory is applied to deal with this composite. Based on experimental results, the factors which influence the properties of ARALL, including the residual stresses, adhesive properties and adhesive content, are analysed by fuzzy multi-criteria. The results show that the state of the residual stress is the key factor which influences the performance of ARALL. The adhesive properties followed by the adhesive content in the composite also play a role in determining the properties of the composite.
KeywordsPolymer Aluminium Residual Stress Material Processing Comprehensive Evaluation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. B. Vogelesang, J. W. Gunink and D. Chen, in ICAS Proceedings, edited by the International Council of Aeronautical Sciences (The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Inc, Washington DC, 1988) pp. 1615–1633.Google Scholar
- 3.J. W. Gunink and L. B. Vogelesang, in 35th International SAMPE Symposium, edited by J. Stinson, R. Adsit and F. Gordanineejad (Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering, San Diego, CA, 1990) p. 2.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Marissen and L. B. Vogelesang, Intercom. SAMPE meeting (Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering, Azusa, CA, 1981) p. 17.Google Scholar
- 6.J. W. Gunnink and V. D. Schee, 4th International Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS-4), Paisley, Scotland, edited by Z. H. Marshall (Elsevier Applied Science, London, 1987) p. 54.Google Scholar
- 7.L. H. Van Veggel, A. A. Jongebreur and J. W. Gunnink, 14th ICAF Symposium, Ottawa, edited by J. Y. Mann (Prentice-Hall Canada Inc, Toronto, 1987) p. 127.Google Scholar
- 8.W. H. Zhong, Ph.D. Thesis, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (1994).Google Scholar
- 9.“Fuzzy sets Theory and Applications”, edited by Andre James, Arnold Kaufman Hans-Jurgen Zimmerman (D Reidel Publishing Company, Holland, 1985).Google Scholar