Microstructural evolution of sol-gel-derived phosphosilicate gel with heat treatment
- 131 Downloads
The microstructure of phosphosilicate gel prepared by a sol-gel process was investigated as a function of the heat-treatment temperature. Crystalline phases, Si3(PO4)4 and SiP2O7, were identified in the heat-treated phosphosilicate gel containing 56 mol% P2O5. It was found from the Fourier transform infrared spectra that phosphorus enters into the copolymer structure at ∼ 600 °C. The specific surface area of the gel increased with the heat-treatment temperature. An increase of the density of open pores with the heat-treatment temperature was observed in the secondary electron micrographs.
KeywordsPolymer Microstructure Fourier Phosphorus Fourier Transform
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.S. Sakka, in “Treatise on Materials Science and Technology”, Vol. 22, edited by M. Tomozawa and R. H. Doremus (Academic Press, 1982) p. 129.Google Scholar
- 10.I. M. Thomas, US Pat. 3767434 (1973).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Boulle and R. Jary, Compt. Rend. 237 (1953) 328.Google Scholar
- 13.W. R. Jacoby, PhD thesis, Rutgers University (1956).Google Scholar
- 14.G. R. Leviand and G. Peyronel, Z. Kristallogr. 92 (1935) 190.Google Scholar
- 15.I. N. Chakraborty and R. A. Condrate, Phys. Chem. Glasses 26 (1985) 68.Google Scholar
- 16.V. M. Kedyarkin, T. I. Firsova, N. N. Vyshinskii, V. A. Alferov, G. T. Vlasenko, and S. A. Krivelevich, Izvest. Akad. Nauk SSSR Neorg. Mater. 18 (1982) 1904.Google Scholar
- 17.V. A. Kolesova and A. E. Malshikov, Fizi. Khim. Stekla 10 (1984) 641.Google Scholar
- 20.C. Nelson and D. R. Tallant, Phys. Chem. Glasses 25 (1984) 31.Google Scholar