Non-linear internal friction and resonance in manganese-copper alloys
- 44 Downloads
Internal friction and modulus at different amplitudes and frequencies were measured for as-cast Mn60Cu40 alloy. Strong non-linear internal friction and resonance were observed. It was proposed that the sources of these were derived from different factors. A parameter, P, which can be used to weigh up non-linear resonance of materials, is proposed. A high damping mechanism is discussed for manganese-copper alloy.
KeywordsPolymer Material Processing Internal Friction Mn60Cu40 Alloy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- .C. Zener, “Elasticity an Anelasticity of Metals”, (University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 1948) pp. 41–55.Google Scholar
- 2.A. S. Nowick and B. S. Berry, “Anelastic Relaxation in Crystalline Solids”, (Academia Press, New York, 1972) pp.42–76.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Wutting and T. Suzuki, J. de Phys. 42(1981) C5–1025.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Wutting, Chiyuan Lei and Inchol Huang, J. de Phys. 46 (1985) C10–621.Google Scholar
- 6.Wen Yiting, Xie Cunyi and Chen Hui, ibid. 46 (1985) C10–413.Google Scholar
- 7.Wang Litian and T. S. Kê, Acta Metall. Sinica 24 (3) (1988) A149 (in Chinese).Google Scholar