Preparation of colloidal Fe3O4 ultrafine particles in microemulsions
- 281 Downloads
The preparation of magnetite particles is reported from the precipitation of Fe2+/Fe3+ with NH4OH in several kinds of microemulsions: AOT/n-heptane/water microemulsions and a new non-toxic microemulsion system whose phase behaviour and structure has been recently studied. It is shown that both the droplet size and the presence of interactions in the dispersed phase greatly influence the final size of the obtained particles. In addition, the size of the particles can be increased by successive repetition of the reaction inside the droplets of the microemulsion.
KeywordsPolymer Precipitation Fe3O4 Magnetite Disperse Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. A. López Quintela, J. Rivas and J. Quibén, Spanish pat. 2009 404 (1989), USA pat. 4983 217 (1991)Google Scholar
- 2.M. A. López Quintela and J. Rivas, J. Coll. Interface Sci., 158 (1993) 297.Google Scholar
- 3.M. A. López Quintela, L. Liz and J. Blanco, Prog. Coll. Polym. Sci., in press.Google Scholar
- 6.V. R. Palkar, M. S. Multani and P. Ayyub, in “Surfactants in solution”, Vol. 10, edited by K. L. Mittal (PlenumPress, New York 1989).Google Scholar
- 9.G. Bate, in “Ferromagnetic Materials”, Vol. 2, edited by E. P. WohlFarth (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1980) p. 384.Google Scholar