ZrO2 obtained by the sol-gel method: influence of synthesis parameters on physical and structural characteristics
- 119 Downloads
The effects of some synthesis parameters, such as alcohol/alcoxide and water/alcoxide molar ratios, type of solvent and reaction temperature, on the physical and crystalline characteristics of ZrO2 prepared by the sol-gel method were studied. The results show that gelling time, weight loss, surface area, pore-size distribution and crystalline phases were influenced by the preparation conditions.
KeywordsPolymer Structural Characteristic Reaction Temperature Crystalline Phasis Material Processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.A. Z. Khan and E. Ruckenstein, Appl. Catal. 90 (1992) 199.Google Scholar
- 6.L. G. Hubert-Pfalzgraf, New. J. Chem. 11 (1987) 663.Google Scholar
- 10.R. C. Mehrotra, in “Sol-Gel Science and Technology”, Proceedings of the Winter School on Glasses and Ceramics from Gels, Sao Carlos (SP), Brazil, August 1989, edited by M. A. Aeger, M. Jr. Jafelicci, D. F. Souza and E. E. Zanotto, (San Carlos, SP, 1989) p. 1.Google Scholar
- 11.D. C. Bradley and P. Thornton, in “Comprehensive Inorganic Chemistry” edited by J. C. Bailar, H. J. Emeléus, R. Nyholm and A. F. Trotman-Dickenson (Pergamon press, Oxford, 1973) p. 449.Google Scholar
- 12.W. B. Beumenthal, “The Chemical Behavior of Zirconium” (Von Nostrand, NJ, 1958) p. 181.Google Scholar
- 14.K. S. Mazdiyani, in “Reactivity of solids”, Proceedings of the VI International Symposium on the Reactivity of Solids, Schenectady, January 1969, edited by J. W. Mitchell (WileyInterscience, New York, 1969) p. 115.Google Scholar