Epitaxial growth of thin films of V2VI3 semiconductors
- 37 Downloads
Epitaxial growth conditions of V2VI3 semiconductors have been studied using the molecular beam epitaxy technique, which was applied to the growth of Sb2Te3 on Bi2Te3 substrates. These substrates were prepared by gradient freeze method in a Bridgman apparatus. Ingots were cleaved along the (0001) plane. The deposition conditions have been studied as a function of two parameters: substrate temperature and flux ratios of the two elements. The quality of these epilayers was controlled by SEM and X-ray diffraction. Epilayers of good quality have been obtained for the first time.
KeywordsPolymer Thin Film Growth Condition Substrate Temperature Material Processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Brun, J. C. Tedenac and M. Maurin, Actual. Chim. 1 1989Google Scholar
- 2.H. J. Goldsmid, in “Electronic refrigeration” (Pion, London, 1986) pp. 89–104.Google Scholar
- 3.M. M. Stasova and O. G. Karpinski, Zh. Strukt. Khim. 8 (1989) 1.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Boyer, E. Charles and J. C. Tedenac, J. Phys. 1 (1991) 1063.Google Scholar
- 5.N. K. Abrikosov, V. F. Bankina, L. V. Ponetskaya, L. F. Shelimova and E. V. Sdudinova, in “Semiconducting II–VI, IV–VI and V–VI compounds” (Plenum press, New York 1969) p. 176.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Yamana, K. Kiharu and T. Matsumoto, Acta Crystallogr. B35 (1979) 149.Google Scholar