Viscosity of porous sintered glasses
- 57 Downloads
Following an analogy between flow properties and field or transport properties, an equation which describes the porosity, P, dependence of the viscosity in porous sintered glasses is presented. Not only the pore volume fraction but also pore structure parameters, such as pore shape and orientation, are considered in the calculation and the equation is valid for the whole porosity range. For low porosities (P≦0.10) the approach coincides with the prediction of Mackenzie for spherical pores with a precision of 1%. The calculated values are in good agreement with experimental data on porous glasses available from the literature, if appropriate pore geometry is assumed at the different porosity levels.
KeywordsPolymer Viscosity Experimental Data Porosity Pore Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. R. Boccaccini, Sci. of Sintering 23 (1991) 151.Google Scholar
- 12.W. D. Sältzer and B. Schultz, in “Continuum models of discrete systems”, edited by O. Brulin and R. K. T. Hsieh, (North Holland Publ., Amsterdam, 1983) pp. 423–430.Google Scholar
- 13.Idem, High Temp. High Press. 15 (1983) 289.Google Scholar
- 14.K. U. Kainer, Dissertation Technische Universität Clausthal (1985).Google Scholar
- 15.G. Ondracek, Rev. Powder Metall. Phys. Ceram. 3 (1987) 205.Google Scholar