Preparation of spherical zirconium salt particles by homogeneous precipitation
- 105 Downloads
Spherical basic zirconium sulphate particles were prepared by homogeneous precipitation in mixed solutions of zirconium sulphate and urea. Values of [SO 4 2− ]/[Zr4+] and [urea]/[Zr4+] in starting mixed solutions and cooling rate may affect the formation of spherical particles. Complexes such as [Zr(OH)n]4−n could prevent the formation and thus lead to gel precipitation. In addition, spherical particles could only be obtained in the presence of SO 4 2− ; for NO3− and Cl−, only gel precipitation occurred.
KeywordsPolymer Precipitation Sulphate Zirconium Urea
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. A. Barringer and H. K. Bowen, Ceram. Eng. Sci. Proc. 5 (1984) 295.Google Scholar
- 3.B. Feley, Jr., E. A. Barringer and H. K. Bowen, ibid. 67 (1984) c-133.Google Scholar
- 4.B. Feley, Jr., P. White and H. K. Bowen, Amer. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 64 (1985) 1115.Google Scholar
- 8.J. E. Blendell, H. K. Bowen and R. L. Coble, Amer. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 63 (1984) 797.Google Scholar
- 9.M. D. Sacks, T. Y. Tseng and S. Y. Lee, ibid. 63 (1984) 301.Google Scholar