Liquid phase bonding of yttria stabilized zirconia with CaO-TiO2-SiO2 glass
- 61 Downloads
A 36.8 wt% CaO-26.2wt% TiO2-37.0 wt % SiO2 glass (CTS) was employed as the ceramic brazer for the bonding of 3 mol% yttria stabilized zirconia (YSZ3). Sandwich-like YSZ3-CTS-YSZ3 specimens were fabricated and temperature dependence of the bonding strength was evaluated. An optimum bonding process was achieved at a bonding temperature of 1424 °C for 30min with CTS glass slurry having a glass/organic ratio of 1.82. The effects of processing parameters on the bending was investigated on the basis of the metallurgical evolution at the interface. In addition, predominating factors affecting the bonding strength were also explored.
KeywordsPolymer SiO2 Zirconia Liquid Phase Bonding Strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 12.S. Baik, J. Am. Ceram. Soc. 70 (1987) c105.Google Scholar
- 13.P. F. Becheer and S. A. Halen, Ceram. Bull. 58 (1979) 582.Google Scholar
- 20.TSK Ceramics Technical Bulletin, Toyo Soda Manufacturing Co. Ltd, No. Z-112 (1986).Google Scholar
- 22.N. Claussen and M. Ruhle, in “Advances in Ceramics, Vol. 3”, edited by A. H. Heuer (The American Ceramic Society, Columbus, OH, 1988) pp. 137–152.Google Scholar
- 23.R. H. J. Hannink, K. A. Johnson, R. T. Pascoe and R. C. Garvie, ibid.in “ 1988) pp. 116–136.Google Scholar
- 25.R. C. Weast and M. J. Astle, editors “CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics” (CRC, Florida, 1980) pp. F216-F217.Google Scholar