Properties of SnO2-based ceramics
- 58 Downloads
Some SnO2-based ceramics of the ternary and binary systems SnO2-Sb2O3-CuO have been prepared and some of their properties have been measured. It was observed that most of their properties, which include density, porosity, d.c. electrical conductivity, as well as the crystal occurrence, were dependent on the presence of CuO. Crystal phase occurrence was investigated using the X-ray diffraction technique and it was found that the phases were predominantly SnO2 and Sb2O4 crystals. The d.c. conductivity at different sintering temperatures was found to be enhanced by the simultaneous presence of Sb2O3 and CuO.
KeywordsPolymer Porosity Electrical Conductivity SnO2 Binary System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. Forster, J. Eberle, S. Strassler and G. Pfister, Inst. Phys. Ser. III (1990) 479.Google Scholar
- 5.L. J. Van Der Pauw, Philips Res. Rep. 13 (1958) 1.Google Scholar
- 6.M. K. Saidin, PhD thesis, University of Durham (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.L. V. Azaroff; “Elements of X-ray crystallography” (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1968) p. 483.Google Scholar
- 8.JCPDS powder diffraction data; Entry 21-1250 (1974).Google Scholar
- 9.JCPDS powder diffraction data; Entry 11-694 (1974).Google Scholar
- 11.M. P. Low, ibid. 15 (1980) 2947.Google Scholar