Electrical properties of sol-gel processed PLZT thin films
- 44 Downloads
Sol-gel processed lanthanum-modified lead zirconate titanate (PLZT) thin films consisting of two different perovskite phase contents were fabricated on indium tin oxide coated Corning 7059 glass substrates with two different heating schedules: direct insertion at 650° C for 30 min and at 500° C for 2h. Optical transmittance spectra, polarization versus electric field curves, relative dielectric constant versus frequency and capacitance versus d.c. bias voltage curves of the samples were investigated. The samples showed a good transparency of over 70% and interference oscillation. A thin film consisting of mainly perovskite phase showed a slim loop hysteresis in the polarization versus electric field curve and in the capacitance versus d.c. bias voltage curve, indicating the presence of ferroelectric domains, but a film consisting of mainly pyrochlore phase did not. The dielectric constant and loss factor of the thin film consisting of mainly perovskite phase were about 90 and about 0.2, respectively, at relatively low frequency and showed dispersion of the dipolar polarization of permanent dipole moment in the ferroelectric perovskite phase in the frequency range between 10 kHz and 1 MHz.
KeywordsDielectric Constant Loss Factor Perovskite Phase Lead Zirconate Relative Dielectric Constant
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.M. Sayer, in Proceedings of 6th IEEE International Symposium on Applications of Ferroelectrics, Bethlehem, June 1986, edited by V. E. Wood (IEEE, New York, 1986) p. 560.Google Scholar
- 9.K. D. Budd, S. K. Dey and D. A. Payne, Br. Ceram. Proc. 36 (1985) 107.Google Scholar
- 16.C. K. Kwok and S. B. Desu, Ceram. Trans. 25 (1992) 73.Google Scholar
- 18.H. Hu, L. Shi, V. Kumar and S. B. Krupanidhi, Ceram. Trans. 25 (1992) 113.Google Scholar
- 19.K. Nassau, “The Physics and Chemistry of Colors” (Wiley, New York, 1983) p. 427.Google Scholar
- 21.H. N. Al-Shareef, K. D. Gifford, M. S. Ameen, S. H. Rou, P. D. Hren, O. Auciello and A. I. Kingon, Ceram. Trans. 25 (1992) 97.Google Scholar
- 23.A. Gupta and S. K. Dey, Ceram. Trans. 25 (1992) 243.Google Scholar