Optimization of carbon fibre production using the Taguchi method
- 104 Downloads
Since the variation of carbon fibre mechanical properties is very large, the Taguchi method was used to produce carbon fibre in a pilot plant, and to improve the properties of carbon fibre. Due to the production conditions of the Taguchi method, the tensile strength, modulus and breaking elongation of carbon fibre are increased by about 20, 13 and 26%, respectively.
KeywordsPolymer Mechanical Property Tensile Strength Carbon Fibre Material Processing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.J-S. TSAI, in “Carbon 92” (German Carbon Group, Essen, 1992) p. 686.Google Scholar
- 9.Idem, SAMPE Quart. 24 (1993) 21.Google Scholar
- 10.Idem, in “38th International SAMPE Symposium and Exhibition” (SAMPE, Anaheim, CA, 1993) p. 1855.Google Scholar
- 13.YING-HSIN A. LIOU, in “Introduction to the Taguchi Method and its Application in Composite and Plastic Industry” (GOISTCI, Taiwan, 1992) p. 85.Google Scholar
- 14.YING-HSIN A. LIOU, in “Introduction to the Taguchi Method and its Application in Composite and Plastic Industry” (GOISTCI, Taiwan, 1992) p. 110.Google Scholar
- 15.J. W. JOHNSON, Appl. Polym. Symp. 9 (1969) 229.Google Scholar