Preparation and characterization of LaNbO4 from amorphous precursors
- 134 Downloads
Amorphous precursors of LaNbO4 have been prepared by coprecipitation and mechanical alloying. Powder characteristics before and after calcination were studied by thermogravimetric analysis, differential thermal analysis, Fourier transform-infrared spectroscopy and X-ray diffraction, and the crystallographic changes during thermal treatment were documented by high-temperature X-ray diffraction. The tetragonal structure was stabilized at room temperature for the mechanically alloyed product; cells dimensions were determined from the X-ray diffraction patterns and volume change between monoclinic and tetragonal phase was evaluated and is discussed.
KeywordsThermal Analysis Calcination Thermal Treatment Thermogravimetric Analysis Volume Change
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.A. I. Komkov, Kristallogr. 4 (1959) 836.Google Scholar
- 13.N. Claussen, M. Ruhle and A. H. Heuer (eds), “Advances in ceramics”, Vol. 12, “Science and technology of zirconia II”, (American Ceramic Society, Columbus, OH, 1984)Google Scholar
- 18.J. Hoio and K. Kimura, in ‘Euro Ceramics”, Vol. I, edited by G. De With, R.A. Terpstra and R. Metaselaar (Elsevier Applied Science, London, New York, 1989) pp. 123–127.Google Scholar
- 20.A. Bachiorrini, Silicates Ind. (5–6) (1990) 121.Google Scholar
- 21.C. Rocchiciolli-Deltcheff, T. Dupuis, R. Franck, M. Harmelin and C. Wadier, C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris 270 (1970) B 541.Google Scholar
- 23.W. B. White, in “The infrared spectra of minerals”, edited by V. C. Farmer (Mineralogical Society, London, 1974) Ch. 6.Google Scholar
- 24.JCPD 22-1125 (Joint Committe on Powder Diffraction Standards, Pennsylvania, 1971).Google Scholar
- 25.JCPD 32-496 (Joint Committe on Powder Diffraction Standards, Pennsylvania, 1971).Google Scholar