Effect of annealing upon decomposition of electrodeposited iron-zinc alloy coatings
- 51 Downloads
As-deposited electrodeposited iron-zinc alloy coatings containing η phase, decompose upon heating through a sequence of metastable phases. The h c p η phase transforms to b c c G, or Г-like phase via a rapid diffusional phase transformation in the vicinity of 150 °C. For bulk iron contents of 8–13 wt%, η transforms to 100% G phase. The G phase subsequently transforms at 240 °C to ς′ phase, which in turn transforms to δ or Г1 phase near 300 °C by depletion of iron from the surrounding matrix. The decomposition process may be driven by supersaturation of η with iron.
KeywordsIron Polymer Phase Transformation Material Processing Supersaturation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. Adaniya, Y. Hara, M. Sagiyama, T. Watanabe and T. Honma, in “Surface Modification and Coatings”, edited by R. D. Sisson (ASM, Metals Park, OH, 1986) p. 1.Google Scholar
- 3.T. Adaniya, Y. Hara, M. Sagiyama, T. Honma and T. Watanabe, Plating Surface Finishing 72 (1985) 52.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Wakano, A. Sakoda, M. Nishihara, T. Kurimoto and Y. Hoboh, in “Surface Modifications and Coatings”, edited by R. D. Sisson (ASM, Metals Park, OH 1986) p. 23.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Gu, M. R. Notis and A. R. Marder, in “Proceedings of the International Conference on Zinc and Zinc Alloy Coated Steel Sheet”, edited by Y. Hisamatsu, Galvatech '89, Keidanren Kaikan, Tokyo, Japan 5–7 September (1989), pp. 462–77.Google Scholar
- 9.T. Watanabe, M. Ohmura, T. Honma and T. Adaniya, SAE Techn. Paper 820424, Warrendale, PA (1982).Google Scholar
- 11.Y. Tokunga and M. Yamada, Trans. ISIJ (1984) 97.Google Scholar
- 12.M. Gu, Ph D dissertation, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA (1989)Google Scholar
- 13.W. R. Johnson and L. E. Pfister, US Pat. 4540472, Official Gazette (1985) 768.Google Scholar