Phase equilibria in the Ag2/3Zn1/3-Te system
- 30 Downloads
Using differential thermal analysis, X-ray diffraction analysis and composite phase diagrams, the most probable form of the polythermal section Ag2/3Zn1/3-Te of the ternary system Ag-Zn-Te has been deduced. It was found to be non-quasi-binary with 14 phase fields and four isotherms of the non-variant equilibria. It is suggested that a phase with composition Ag2ZnTe2, stable at temperatures above 515°C, is formed.
KeywordsPolymer Phase Diagram Thermal Analysis Phase Equilibrium Diffraction Analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.K. W. Andrews, H. E. Davies, W. Hume-Rothery and C. R. Oswin, Proc. R. Soc. (Lond.) A177 (1940–1941) 149.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Alfred and J. R. Fruch, Am. Mineral. 46 (1961) 657.Google Scholar
- 6.V. Vassilev, S. Stefanova, Z. Bontcheva-Mladenova, E. Panova and L. Koroleva, in “Proceedings of the III National Symposium on X-ray diffraction methods”, October 1987, Varna, Bulgaria (Ministry of Science and Education, Sofia, 1987) p. 104.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Vassilev, I. Markova, V. Vachkov, P. P. Petrov and L. Koroleva, J. Mater. Sci. Forum 62–64 (1990) 343.Google Scholar
- 8.V. Vassilev, E. Tzenkova, D. Stefanov and Z. Ivanova, J. Mater. Sci. (1991) in press.Google Scholar
- 9.ASTM 12-695 (American Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia, PA, 1983).Google Scholar
- 10.ASTM 15-746 (American Society for Testing and Materials, Philadelphia, PA, 1983).Google Scholar