The role of silicon-particle defect structure during low-temperature nitriding
- 42 Downloads
The nitriding of silicon powders of different particle size, produced by jet and ball milling, is considered. The nitride formation is found to be affected by the defect density of the silicon particles' surface layers. The volume nitriding of silicon powders was determined by a chemicomechanical effect consisting of surface-microcrack opening.
KeywordsPolymer Particle Size Silicon Surface Layer Milling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 8.Nemetallicheskiye Tugoplavkiye Soyedineniya, T. Ya. Kosolapova, T. V. Andreeva, T. S. Bartnitskaya et al M: Metallurgiya (1985) 224 s. Non Metallic Refractory Systems.Google Scholar
- 10.S. I. Gorbachuk, N. G. Kakazei and V. N. Minakov Dokl. AN SSSR, 294 (1987) 1111.Google Scholar
- 11.T. S. Bartnitskaya, M. V. Vlasova, V. B. Zelyavsky and N. G. Kakazei Poroshkovaya Matallurgiya 11 (1992) 1.Google Scholar
- 12.P. Rama Rao and T. R. Anantharaman, Z. Metallkde. 54 (1963) 658.Google Scholar
- 15.A. S. Berezhnoy, Kremny i Yego Binary Sistemi. K.: Izd-vo AN UkrSSR, (1958) 430 s. Silicon and its binary systems.Google Scholar