Specific heat of the Hf2Fe, Hf2Co, and Hf2Rh intermetallic compounds
- 42 Downloads
The specific heat under constant pressure, Cp, of intermetallic compounds Hf2Fe, Hf2Co and Hf2Rh with the Ti2Ni structure was obtained by means of differential thermal analysis in the temperature range 275–740 K. The results differ significantly from the Debye theory, even when a correction for optical phonons in Einstein approximation is considered, which indicates existence of a defect contribution to the specific heat. Relative entropy has been determined and the obtained results were fitted and analysed. The anomalous temperature behaviour of Cp is discussed, having in mind results of previous investigations of these and similar systems, obtained by other methods.
KeywordsPolymer Entropy Thermal Analysis Differential Thermal Analysis Intermetallic Compound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.L. G. SHPINKOVA, A. A. SOROKIN, G. K. RYASNIYI, L. N. KRYUKOVA, B. A. KOMISSAROVA and Z. Z. AKSELYROD, Izvest. Akad. Nauk SSSR Ser. Fiz. 52 (1988) 1749.Google Scholar
- 8.B. CEKIĆ, S. KOIČKI, N. IVANOVIĆ and M. MANASIJEVIĆ, Izvest. Akad. Nauk Rossii, Ser. Fiz. 56 (1992) 206.Google Scholar
- 13.B. CEKIć, D. RODIć, N. IVANOVIć, M. MITRIć, S. KOIčKI and M. MANASIJEVIć, in “Book of Abstracts of the XIII Yugoslav Conference on Condensed Matter Physics”, Vranje, Yugoslavia, 28–30 September 1993, p. 88. “Annal. Matica Srpska (1993), in press.Google Scholar
- 14.N. IVANOVIć, M. SREćKOVIC, A. MILOSAVLJEVIć, B. CEKIć, M. MANASIJEVIć, N. POPOVIć, N, BACHOVIć, M. DJURIć, A. KUNOSIć, K. NEMEš, G. ČOGURIć and U. MIOč, Infrared Phys. (1993) to be published.Google Scholar
- 17.Dzh. MAYER and M. GEPPERT-MAYER, in “Satisticheskaya Mehanika” (Mir, Moscow, 1980) p. 388.Google Scholar
- 19.W. G. MOFFAT, in “The Handbook of Binary Phase Diagrams” (Genium, Schenectady, 1984).Google Scholar
- 22.A. R. MIEDEMA, Philips Tech. Rev. 36 (1976) 217.Google Scholar
- 23.N. IVANOVIć, B. ANTIć, B. CEKIć, D. RODIć, M. MANASIJEVIć and S. KOIčKI, in “XXXVI Yugoslav Conference ETAN”, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, 20–23 September 1993.Google Scholar